Now that we finally have some warm weather, it is a great time to get outside with your family and enjoy some of the many outdoor activities offered in South Jersey. Here are some of our favorites:
- Fireworks – Who doesn’t love fireworks? Check out this link to find the best local spots to view fireworks throughout the summer. https://bestofnj.com/south-jersey-fireworks
- Outdoor Movies – Grab a blanket and some snacks and huddle up under the stars with some free movie viewings. Here is a list of viewings to check out: http://www.njfamily.com/Where-to-Find-Free-Outdoor-Movies-in-NJ-this-Summer/
- Lighthouse Story Time – Visit the historical lighthouse at Cape May Point State Park on Saturday mornings to hear nautical stories and participate in crafting activities. https://www.capemaymac.org/lighthouse-activities
- Carnivals & Festivals – Summer is a very busy time in South Jersey for a wide variety of street festivals. Families can enjoy carnival games, fresh corn on the cob, live music, and fun rides all summer long. Here’s a great list of fairs and festivals to choose from: http://www.njfamily.com/Fairs-and-Festivals-in-New-Jersey/
- Peach Picking – Craving some fresh summer fruit? Hand-pick and bring home your own bushel of delicious peaches from many local farms. If you end up making a peach pie, you can enter the Margate Farmer’s Market 5th Annual Peace Pie Contest. Check out all of New Jersey’s peach picking farms here: http://www.njfamily.com/Pick-Your-Own-Peaches-in-NJ/
- Berry Picking – If peaches aren’t your thing, plenty of farms grow strawberries and blueberries also for picking.
- Mini Golf, anyone? – Mini golf is a great way to bond with the whole family. Many courses have fun themes such as Congo Falls, medieval fantasy, and an underwater shipwreck. Don’t forget to keep score! Here are seven of the best courses: http://www.njfamily.com/7-Mini-Golf-Courses-in-NJ-that-Are-Above-Par/
- River Rafting & Tubing – Families ready for an exhilarating adventure can experience fast rapids and a thrilling river rafting ride. However, if you are looking for something more relaxing, you may want to try tubing down a lazy river. Here’s a list of rafting activities to choose from: https://www.funnewjersey.com/upload_user/outdoor_adventure/white_water_rafting.htm
- Zip lining – Not afraid of heights? Then take a trip to Tree to Tree Adventure Park in Cape May for some exciting zip lining. There are many different courses for all levels of experience. http://treetotreecapemay.com/
- Zoos – Zoos are a fun place to spend a summer day with the whole family. The Cohanzick Zoo in Bridgeton is New Jersey’s first zoo and boasts exotic animals such as a white-nose coati, a Brazilian porcupine, and two Bengal tigers. Kids can also cool off at an animal-themed splash pad. http://cohanzickzoo.org/
- Boardwalks – Take a leisurely stroll along the Jersey Shore on one of the many boardwalks. They offer amusement parks, carnival games, and shows. Afterwards, the kids can enjoy fried food and lemonade while adults can sip on some cold beverages. Check out this guide to NJ’s boardwalks: https://www.funnewjersey.com/upload_user/nj_beaches_shore_guide/new_jersey_boardwalk_guide.htm
There are many fun activities for the family to enjoy this summer in South Jersey. We hope you have a chance to visit a few of our suggestions, but while you are out and about, be sure you and your family stay well hydrated. If you live in Monmouth County, Ocean County, Mercer County, Atlantic Cape May County, or Cumberland County, Watchung Beverage Delivery services can deliver fresh bottled spring water right to your home for your family to enjoy!